Whether it’s from or childhood or adult life, a lot of us carry the lies the enemy (Satan) has told us about ourselves. Until…..we get the revelation of what God says concerning us.
Today, I declare that the prison bars are open and all you have to do is walk out the door to gain your freedom. Today is the day you realize that you were born with a purpose on purpose. There are no accidents with God. Give the enemy his eviction papers. Stop replaying all the negative things of your past. No matter what you’ve been through and no matter what you’ve done, it’s the past. Move forward and fulfill your destiny. It’s waiting on you.
When your mind is free, you can accomplish anything.
This year has been a tremendous blessing already! I didn’t make any resolutions and didn’t make any promises to myself that I would later be discouraged that I didn’t keep.
A couple of months ago, I got revelation that there are some things going on in this mind of mine that should not be. I had some “stinkin thinkin”. So, I have yielded my mind over to the Holy Spirit in order to get some things right! Amen!
If you find that you’re in the same place I was in, find me on Periscope (Dr. Kimberly Packer). I will be sharing the process of my deliverance starting January 31st. Here are some things I was going through that I want to share with you.
- I was replaying the negative in my mind over and over again until I found that I couldn’t think of anything positive.
- I could not focus….conversations were a blur, could not comprehend while reading, would get sidetracked during my prayer time (my mind would wander), would lose my train of thought while speaking,….
- I did not have restful sleep….was sleeping the necessary hours, but would wake up as if I was up all night.
- I dreamt about the negative things I thought about during the day.
This went on for quite some time, and there’s noticeable damage because of it. I feel as if I’m having to learn things all over again. But, to God be the glory!!! I am casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ!! (2 Cor. 10:5)
I’m hoping my transparency helps someone else this evening….more to come!
Well, we’re 3 days into this new year and the excitement is still resonating in my spirit!
God has been putting the pieces together for what He wants in the next 30 days and it’s incredible. The transformation He has already made in me this past year puts a smile on my face.
My thinking is changing:
- The things that use to bother me are having little affect
- I no longer feel the need to apologize for who I am in God
- I can accept others even when they don’t accept me
I’ve even witnessed God changing the heart of some people through prayer already! Hallelujah!! Look at God!
This time of year people talk about removing the clutter from their lives and getting organized. Whew! If that’s you, I hope your progress is better than mine 🙂
Today, the Lord has me reflecting on the clutter (or sludge) in certain areas of my life. When you’re in leadership positions, you tend to have an overflowing plate of responsibilities and a long to-do list. If we don’t allow God to show us what has priority and what can wait, we can find ourselves spinning our wheels and getting nothing done.
So, it’s time to detox my mind (Romans 12:2), body (I Corinthians 6:19), and spirit (Job 10:12). It’s time to remove the clutter.
- Any idea or thought that didn’t come from God has to be removed and replaced with the ideas and thoughts God has towards me.
- It’s time to eat to live and not live to eat. Also, it’s time to pay attention to my body by getting the right amount of rest and exercise (ugh!….help me, Lord).
- It’s time to allow the Holy Spirit to replenish/refresh me. Pouring out and not getting refilled is dangerous and allows the enemy to wreak havoc. So, I’ve got to check the fuel gauge.
Insanity is doing the same thing and expecting something different. So, I plead the Blood of Jesus over my mind and yours in this year. Let’s declutter and suit up to take this world by storm!
My new mindset has begun in these last couple of weeks of 2015 and it’s liberating. God didn’t promise that we would have good times always. As a matter of fact, He paints a different picture “Man that is born of a woman is of few days, and full of trouble” – Job 14:1
Transparency: As I reflect on the troubles of this year and the things that obviously have to change in order for me to move forward, I realize that I have grown more than I thought anyone could in a short period of time. There have been many changes in my home, my job, my family, my relatives, my circle of friends, and ministry.
My sons are young adults and trying to navigate their way through life; my job is well,…..my job; my family is expanding as I meet wonderful individuals that are on the same path whether they’re doing the same things I am or not; my relatives have been consistent (whether good or bad); my circle of friends has gotten smaller (God has been revealing the true nature/motives of many); and God has prepared me in this year for the ministry He has called me to.
Challenge: Take an honest look at 2015 and ask these questions: (1) Are there signs of growth? (2) Am I a better person than what I was at the beginning of this year? How can I grow even more in the New Year?
Are you wearing “Son-block”? Are you limiting your exposure to the Son? No, that’s not a typo. They’re legitimate questions to all my fellow Christians.
- If you find that you’re looking the same as you did last year this time, you’ve got on Son-block.
- If you find that you continue to give “shade” to others, you’ve got on Son-block.
- If you find that you can’t forgive your sister or brother in Christ, you’ve got on Son-block.
- If you find it impossible to love your enemies, you’ve got on Son-block.
Time to expose yourself to direct Son-light. Allow the Son to change your look, change your heart, and change your route.
Isn’t it interesting how God puts people in our lives for all types of purposes?
I thought about this today as I was sitting in a room full of people that I’m connected to through 2 relationships. There are no mistakes in God. So, the people we encounter, we encounter for reason. It’s up to us to listen to the voice of God to know why and what purpose they serve.
Some people you meet, you’re connected to for life. No matter how much time has passed, you can pick up right where you left off, and there’s no offense (“hmmm…she hasn’t called me) and no interrogation (“why haven’t you called me?”). Then, there are others that we know are there for just a brief period of time for something very specific.
Every night, I write in my gratitude journal all the things I’m grateful for at the end of the day. Today, I’m grateful for all the people in my life: past, present and future.